Vision Expo East 2024, co-hosted by The Vision Council and RX, is on track to be a landmark event for the eyecare and eyewear industry worldwide, with over 450 eyewear and eyecare companies gearing up to display their latest products and technologies across an expansive 150,000 square feet of exhibit space for one final show in New York City before heading to the sunshine state.
Taking place from March 14 to 17 at the Javits Center, Vision Expo East 2024 holds particular significance as it will pay homage to its rich history in New York City before making its anticipated relocation to Orlando, Florida in 2025.
“We are excited about the growing enthusiasm for Vision Expo East 2024 among exhibitors, attendees, and conferees,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President of Vision Expo at RX. “This year’s show commemorates nearly four decades of uniting optical professionals, highlighting innovative trends and products, and promoting education in New York City. We are organizing a spectacular final New York show that you will not want to miss. If you have not registered yet, now is the opportune moment to join us as we celebrate our past and toast to the future.”
Vision Expo East 2024 will offer many exciting new features, emphasizing the advancements and initiatives shaping the optical industry today.
Fashion & Trends
- “Flaunt the Frame,” a new fashion show series sponsored by IMAGINEM, will take place March 15 and 16 at The Bridge, Vision Expo East’s main stage. This series will offer a unique stage for independent eyewear designers to put their talents on display.
- The Atelier neighborhood, boasting the largest collection of 85+ independent designers from around the globe, will allow show attendees to experience the industry’s finest independent designs and artistry, and act as the destination for eyewear buyers to source all their design needs under one umbrella. The Lookout @ Atelier will spotlight a small group of emerging independent designers ready to make their mark in the industry.
- NOW by Vision Expo and the accompanying NOW Awards will return to spotlight industry trends with a curated collection of frames from exhibiting designers and brands. All Vision Expo East eyewear exhibitors are welcome to participate in NOW by Vision Expo by submitting a product for inclusion that aligns with the 2024 themes which range from NYC nostalgia to innovative materials and technologies. Learn more here.
Business & Technology
- Visionaries Unveiled is a new complimentary educational series designed to inspire and disrupt the eyewear industry by showcasing innovative ideas, cutting-edge technologies, and game-changing business strategies that will shape the future of eyewear. Experts in sustainability, aesthetics, and hearing care will give engaging presentations and spark discussion at The Bridge.
Networking & Professional Development
- The enhanced Career Zone programming, taking place on its new day, Sunday, March 17, will offer young professionals and students invaluable opportunities to network with industry leaders, engage in panel discussions, and enjoy exciting additions like professional headshots and chances to win prizes.
Conference Programming & Continuing Education
- VisionEd, the accredited educational program of Vision Expo, will feature almost 200 sessions and 300 hours of education from 100 sought after speakers.
- OptiCon at Vision Expo returns with an unmatched opticianry education program and exhibit hall experience for opticians, contact lens professionals, allied ophthalmic professionals, optical assistants, office managers, frame buyers, and lab technicians.
Special Events & Celebration
- The official Vision Expo East Opening Night Party open to all attendees will feature Bad Habits “The EyeDocs of Rock,” the longtime rock band comprised of several practicing optometrists.
- The 2024 Prevent Blindness Person of Vision Dinner will take place on March 14 and honor Ed Buffington, president and CEO of GPN Technologies.
- The Bridge, Vision Expo’s main exhibit floor stage, will host the NOW Awards presentation and discussion; the OptiCon General Session with Rebecca Alexander; and an exclusive performance and conversation with ‘90s star Sophie B Hawkins.
- 20/20 Magazine will celebrate its 50th anniversary with an immersive installation demonstrating the evolution of the leading optical publication.
Vision Expo East 2024 promises to be an incredible convergence of style, innovation, and education. Do not miss the chance to take part in this industry-defining event.
Vision Expo East 2024 will take place at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City from March 14-17, 2024. To secure your spot as an exhibitor, click here. To register as an attendee, click here. To register as media, click here.