Alexandria, VA – September 10, 2018 – As of three weeks pre-show, Vision Expo West pre-registration for young professionals is trending strongly ahead of 2017. Vision Expo West (Education: September 26–29; Exhibit Hall: September 27–29) will feature various programs and activations geared specifically toward the young professional and student demographic, including panels, surprise celebrity guests, and hosting students from optometry schools across the country.
“Forty-nine percent of millennials attend tradeshows to find inspiration and they are, on average, eight percent more likely to make a purchase than their counterparts, according to a study from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research,” said Mitch Barkley, Vice President of Trade Shows at The Vision Council. “At Vision Expo West, millennial attendees will find new Exhibit Hall destinations and content that will both inspire and motivate.”
At NewGradUniversity in the NewGradOptometry + Covalent Careers booth (#23087), young professionals and students can attend a variety of free daily panel discussions with top experts. See the complete schedule of panels and speakers here.
Panel topics are as follows:
Thursday, September 27:
• How to Grow and Scale Your Practice – 10:30 a.m.–11:00 a.m.
• What You Need to Know About Co-management – 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m.
• Medical Optometry 201 – 1:30 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
• Pathways to Leadership in Corporate Optometry Panel and Reception – 4:30 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
Friday, September 28:
• Private Equity and Vertical Integration – The Future of Optometry? – 12:30 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
• Are Cold Start Optometry Practices Still Attainable – 2:00 p.m–2:30 p.m.
• Women Thought Leaders in Optometry – 4:45 p.m.–5:15 p.m.
Saturday, September 29:
• Going From Associate to Practice Owner – 11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
• The White Glove Optometry Practice – 12:30 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
• Optometry and Telemedicine – 1:30 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
To support the next generation of eyecare professionals in the growth of their career, Vision Expo is hosting the SOLutioN (SOLN) group, an organization that promotes and guides the future leaders of private-practice optometry. Twenty SOLN student leaders who represent optometry schools from across the nation, along with the SOLN executive board, will hold the organization’s quarterly meeting at the show.
“SOLN is an organization that allows for future optometrists to develop unique bonds with one another and practicing optometrists across the nation,” said Bianca Augustino, OD, Executive Director of SOLN.
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research also reports that the use of engagement tactics is of high importance to all attendees. Vision Expo is encouraging exhibitors to hold captivating activations to engage attendees, including hosting giveaways and providing opportunities to network. In the coming weeks, Vision Expo representatives will announce exhibitor activations taking place across the Exhibit Hall. Exhibitors’ activations that excel will be celebrated through the new Best Booth Award category, Best Brand Activation.