Luxexcel introduced its volume manufacturing solution to 3D print smart prescription lenses to the smart eyewear market, and has subsequently strengthened its leadership team to support this move. The company is now geared to enable high-tech companies to make a better smart eyewear product while at the same time, addressing the vision correction needs of their customers.
Fabio Esposito, Chief Executive Officer at Luxexcel says, “Our mature volume manufacturing solution enables our customers to combine prescription with smart technology to create regular-looking lenses with advanced smart features, yet personalized to the user’s prescription requirements. The platform is scalable and offers the flexibility to create large volumes of products with individualized specifications, such as prescription power.”
Luxexcel’s 3D printing solution encompasses proprietary hardware, material, and software. The 3D printing solution prints on different materials, including various plastic and glass types, and also fulfills customers’ airgap requirements. As a result, smart devices such as waveguides, holographic films, and LCD screens are embedded inside a lens and prescription power is printed on top or around it. The result is a lens with embedded devices presented as one seamlessly integrated element.
Luxexcel enables smart glasses manufacturers to make a unique device with the patient’s customized prescription resulting in a better visual experience for the user. “The benefit for end-users is that they no longer need to wear their prescription glasses underneath their smart eyewear goggles. They can now experience both corrective vision and augmented reality in one single product,” says Esposito.
Esposito continues that Luxexcel’s leadership team consists of all the skills required to help customers bring smart products to the eyewear market. The leadership team includes:
• Fabio Esposito is the Chief Executive Officer and leads Luxexcel, as the first company globally to 3D print smart prescription lenses, to strategic, financial, and operational growth.
• Guido Groet is the Chief Strategy Officer responsible for strategic relationships with high-tech companies and strategic investors aiming to customize Luxexcel’s unique 3D print technology.
• Joost van Abeelen is the Chief Product Officer responsible for material, hardware and software development and 3D printing strategies, developing the world’s first commercial 3D printing platform for smart prescription lenses.
• Alexander van der Touw is the Chief Financial Officer and uses his expertise in finance and investments to ensure continued market growth in the smartwear market.
• Xander van Mechelen is the Chief Commercial Officer who supports partners to transition from traditional eyewear to the world of 3D printed lenses by creating new go-to-market offerings such as electrochromic prescription lenses.